fleeting thoughts.....



Lush green paddy fields fusing with the blue canvas,an occasional lamppost whizzing past, soft hum of the engine combined with the trademark clang of the wheels.A calming effect to frayed nerves. A deluge of thoughts ,dark and dreary breaking the reverie ,its an armageddon of sorts, nature and memories out to annihilate each other in a deathly embrace.nature pinning down thoughts, obliterating the void deep within,yet memories failing to accept defeat ,resurfacing at every passing moment. If there was a discontinuation of view outside, it was only in the mind.. as memories had blocked the world outside. Helpless and cowering as darts of pain in the form of memory gripped my mind.

The engine pushed forth like an enraged bull, yet my heart was drifting, towards the start. a swirling mass of faces were calling out my name .A smile spread across the hollowed cheeks. strange was the feeling as the irony set in. The faces which prompted the flight were beckoning me back. I had tried reaching out to them in vain, my love spurned and the care i bestowed was scorned. I had stood my ground, hoping for the realization to sink into the loveless souls, “they need me” was my only refrain. What is it that they abhorred in me ? why was I shackled with loneliness when my heart was brimming with love ???How foolish was I , as I looked back ,I had forgotten the inherent fallacy of altruism ….serve others, love them with all your heart, but…. it never spoke of expecting the love back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8.07.06
Frankenstein ………

Comments

Anonymous said…
the enraged bull reminds me of a certain frenchman... and his dastardly act!! ;)
S said…
why was I shackled with loneliness when my heart was brimming with love ??

brilliant!! to me those lines explain it all..
gr8 job!
i can see why that anonuymous spoke of zizou!! :)

"I had stood my ground, hoping for the realization to sink into the loveless souls"... hmmmm...

i like the second para better than the first one..
Abhay said…
internal conflict,eternal clash, well put forth.
happens to all of us, we do tend to forget these fallacies sometimes !

Popular Posts